My Life Story

My life started as a picture I drew
Turned into a song I played
Then into a play I performed
And now into a poem I wrote

The picture I drew is a lighthearted one
Comedic, cartoonish, creative
It was a portrait of a boy who had no worries
and often drew pictures

The song I played is about an older boy
Whose mother had died
And he wrote a song to help him cope
In a place where he now had to watch over himself

The play I performed was about a young man
Who was warming up to society
In the end he learns to overcome adversity
But still doesn't believe much in people
Except the ones he portrays on stage

And the poem I wrote is about a young adult
Who writes a poem about pictures and plays
To tell his story

5 comments:

Gandalf Grayhem said...

i know your identity... you cant fool me! but really i liked this. the way it flowed was unique and it told me a lot about you in so few words

Major Tom said...

Thanks for the commentary Gandalf. I know your identity also.

Teen Wulf said...

Har har! The end is a dream come true.
Clever turnips you, these needle teeth.
Anyways, good everything/ I don't know how to judge poems.
It's all opinion, I guess.
Here's mine=
I liked it and it was a clever way of telling
your life.

Hoomu Chaka said...

This is one of the few poems that actually reaches me, and doesn't make me want to slap the author. Nice job.

Nelson said...

This is really good. You did a great job of capturing life through art. You sound like a very well-rounded person. Art, music, performance, and poetry. I'm impressed.

I loved how honest this poem felt. There was growth from the young boy with no worries to the young man who had to deal with the loss of his mother and began to find himself through art. I loved it.

Post a Comment